我的第一本职场英语会话书
上QQ阅读APP看本书,新人免费读10天
设备和账号都新为新人

Unit7 无偿加班真煎熬

这种情景,你该怎么说?

Dialogue 1(实况对话)

A: Wow! Our boss is really tough.

A:哇!我们老板可真让人受不了。

B: Why? What happened?

B:怎么这么说?发生什么事了?

A: Remember that report has to be done by October 15th?

A:还记得10月15日之前要完成的那个报告吗?

B: Of course I remember. We've only got five weeks left to finish it.

B:当然记得,我们只剩下5个星期了。

A: Not anymore.

A:不再是了。

B: Why? Did he cancel it?

B:什么?他取消了吗?

A: No. He moved the deadline up to October 5th.

A:不,他把上交期限提前到10月5日。

B: That's less than three weeks away. We'll never finish it by then!

B:那不是不到3个星期了吗?我们永远也不可能在那之前完成啊!

A: Stay calm. We'll just have to work overtime.

A:保持冷静,我们将不得不加班了。

B: I guess you're right. That means extra hours in the office.

B:我想你说得对,那就意味着加班了。

A: I think we can do it. What's tomorrow's date?

A:我想我们能做到,明天几号?

B: Tomorrow is September 15th.

B:明天是9月15日。

A: We'll have to really start working faster.

A:我们真的要开始加快速度了。

B: Yes, we do. I hope we can finish it on time.

B:是的,我希望我们能按时完成。

A: I think we will. At least I hope so.

A:我想能的,至少我希望能。

Dialogue 2(实况对话)

A: Lily, I know that office hour is up now, but could you work during the weekend?

A:莉莉,我知道该下班了,不过你周末能不能加个班?

B: I have worked overtime for the entire week.

B:为了完成工作,我一整周都在加班。

A: Thanks for your hard work. However, if you could help me out, I would very appreciate that.

A:多谢,你辛苦了。不过,要是你能帮我这个忙,我会很感激的。

B: OK. I know that the deadline is coming up. As an earnest of my good intentions I will work overtime this weekend.

B:那好吧,我知道截止日期快到了。我愿本周末加班工作以示诚意。

A: OK. Don't forget to write down your overtime hours on your time sheet.

A:好的,别忘了在你的考勤单上写上你加班的时间。

B: I know. Rest assured.

B:我知道,放心。


经典句型你会吗?

任务期限将至

1. The deadline is coming up.

截止时间就要到了。

也可以这样说:The deadline is coming.

It's getting down to the wire.

The work is due.

2. I'm running out of time.

我现在时间紧迫。

也可以这样说:I'm pressed for time.

3. I don't have enough time to finish that job.

我没有足够的时间完成那项工作了。

4. I have a deadline to meet.

我必须遵守期限。

5. I'm under the gun.

我被这个期限压得喘不过气来。

6. What a week!

这个星期真忙!

7. Time is so limited.

我只剩下很少的时间了。

8. I always have a lot to do.

我总是有干不完的活。

9. I have too much work to do.

我有太多工作要做。

10. I'm always tied up with my work.

我总是忙得不可开交。

也可以这样说:I always have my hands full.

11. I don't even have time to catch my breath.

我连喘气的机会都没有。

12. I don't have enough time to finish that job.

我时间不够了。

表示要加班

1. I am going to work next Sunday.

我下周日要来加班。

2. I need to work overtime today.

我今天要加班了。

3. Unfortunately, I must work overtime.

很不幸我必须加班。

4. I have to work overtime to finish the job.

我必须加班做完这项工作。

5. I'm staying late.

我将晚点下班。

6. I have to work overtime today to get it done.

今天我必须加班干完。

7. I just submitted a request for overtime.

我刚刚交了一份加班申请。

8. I have worked overtime for the entire week.

我一整周都在加班。

9. I have to crack this out tonight.

我今晚必须得把这个任务赶出来。

10. As an earnest of my good intentions I will work overtime this weekend.

我愿本周末加班工作以示诚意。

11. We are on overtime.

我们在加班。

12. I have to catch up.

我必须赶上。

领导要求加班

1. Could you stay late?

你能晚点儿下班吗?

2. Could you work overtime tonight?

你今晚能加班吗?

3. Could you work during the weekend?

你周末可不可以加个班?

4. OK, I can stay late.

好的,我可以留下来。

5. I'm sorry, I can't stay late today.

抱歉,我今天不能留下来加班。

6. I'll double the pay for the overtime hours.

我会付给你双倍的加班费。

7. Don't forget to write down your overtime hours on your time sheet.

别忘了在你的考勤单上写上你加班的时间。

询问是否要加班

1. Are you working overtime tonight?

今晚你加班吗?

也可以这样说:Are you working late tonight?

2. Must you work overtime tomorrow?

明天你必须加班吗?

3. Will you have to work overtime this weekend?

你这个周末要加班吗?

4. Can you finish it today?

你今天能干完吗?


核心单词要牢记

workday [ˈwə:kdei] n. 工作日

workaholic [ˌwə:kəˈhɔlik] n. 工作狂

reimburse [ˌri:imˈbə:s] n. 偿还

workload [ˈwə:kˌləud] n. 工作量

overtime [ˈəuvətaim] adv. 超时地

deadline [ˈdedlain] n. 截止期限

limited [ˈlimitid] adj. 有限的

职场小贴士

It's reported that working long hours can greatly increase the risk of suffering injury or illness. Workers who do overtime were 61% more likely to become hurt or ill, once factors such as age and gender were taken into account. More than half of these injuries and illnesses occurred in jobs with extended working hours or overtime. So try not to work overtime.

译文

研究显示,长时间工作会大大增加受伤和生病的危险。如果把年龄和性别等因素都考虑进去的话,加班加点工作的员工受伤或生病的可能性会增加61%。半数以上的伤害和疾病都是由于加班加点、长时间工作引起的。因此,尽量不要加班工作。